OSTIS Сonferences are annual international scientific and technical conferences that are held in mid-February in Minsk on the basis of BSUIR and are aimed at the development of Open Semantic Technologies for Intelligent Systems (OSTIS). The composition of such a comprehensive mass technology of component design (modular, assembly design) of intelligent systems includes:
- a library of typical, reusable and semantically compatible components of intelligent systems (components of knowledge bases, intelligent problem solvers, intelligent user interfaces);
- a family of compatible languages for the semantic representation of knowledge of various kinds, providing semantic compatibility not only for reusable components of intelligent systems, but also for entire intelligent systems;
- a family of compatible semantic problem solving models.
Fundamental problems, the solution of which is the basis of this technology, are:
- semantic representation of knowledge;
- intelligent systems design technology based on the semantic representation of knowledge;
- the problem of ensuring semantic compatibility of intelligent systems and their components;
- the problem of ensuring the independence of abstract semantic models of intelligent systems and the design technology of such models from various options of their technical implementation.
The main goal of the annual OSTIS (Open Semantic Technology for Intelligent Systems) conferences is:
- creating conditions for expanding cooperation between various scientific schools, universities and commercial organizations aimed at the creation of effective technologies for the design of intelligent systems based on the semantic representation of knowledge;
- the formation of students, undergraduates and graduate students of a serious interest in scientific research in the field of artificial intelligence;
- expansion of cooperation of specialists in the field of artificial intelligence with commercial structures.
- Plenary reports (reports up to 30 minutes)
- Breakout sessions (reports up to 15 minutes, short reports up to 5 minutes)
- Round tables dedicated to the discussion of various issues of such a technology creating
- Exhibition presentations of reports that enable each speaker to demonstrate the results of their development at the exhibition (presentations up to 30 minutes)
- Conference working languages: Russian, Belarusian, English.
Directions of the OSTIS conferences:
- Principles underlying the semantic representation of knowledge and their unification
- Typology of knowledge and features of the semantic representation of various types of knowledge and metaknowledge
- Relationships between knowledge and relationships defined on a set of knowledge
- The semantic structure of a global knowledge base integrating various accumulated knowledge
- Programming languages oriented to parallel processing of semantic representation of knowledge bases
- Problem solving models based on the processing of knowledge, carried out directly at the level of the semantic representation of the processed knowledge. Semantic models of information retrieval, knowledge integration, analysis of the correctness and quality of knowledge bases, information garbage collection, optimization of knowledge bases, deductive and inductive inference in knowledge bases, plausible reasoning, pattern recognition, intelligent control. Integration of various problem solving models
- Semantic models of perceiving information about the external environment and mapping this information into a knowledge base
- Semantic models of multimodal user interfaces of intelligent systems, which are based on the semantic representation of the knowledge they use, and the unification of these models
- Semantic models of natural-language user interfaces of intelligent systems. The structure of the semantic representation of linguistic knowledge bases that describe natural languages and provide a solution to the problems of natural language texts understanding and speech messages understanding, as well as the synthesis of natural language texts and speech messages that are semantically equivalent to given fragments of knowledge bases
- Integrated complex logical-semantic models of intelligent systems based on the semantic representation of knowledge and their unification
- Various technical platforms and implementation options for interpreters of unified logical-semantic models of intelligent systems based on the semantic representation of knowledge
- Means and methods based on the semantic representation of knowledge and focused on the design of various standard components of intelligent systems (knowledge bases, programs, problem solvers, interfaces)
- Means and methods based on the semantic representation of knowledge and focused on the integrated design of various classes of intelligent systems (intelligent help systems, intelligent training systems, intelligent control systems, intelligent robotic systems, intelligent design support systems, etc.)
- Applied intelligent systems based on the semantic representation of the knowledge they use